Accidents are never fun and when they do happen, shock and confusion are two things that can happen to anyone involved in one. Ever wonder why your claim is taking longer than you would have hoped? Did you know there are things that you can do at the scene of an accident that may help speed along your claim?
1) Call the police at once.
2) Never admit fault.
3) Write down the following information:
- Date, time and place of the accident
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information of everyone involved
- Make, model and licensing plate number of other vehicle
4) Call your auto insurance company immediately — some companies like Infinity can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Most claims that are delayed are because your insurance company has to try to track down the other parties involved in the accident, so following these guidelines can help speed up the time that it takes to process your claim.