5 Reasons You May Need A Business Owner’s Policy
As a small business owner, you have a lot of insurance options to think about. You want to protect every aspect of your business, including property, liability, etc. One thing you may want to consider is an insurance package, a Business Owner's Policy (BOP). Here are the top 5 signs that a BOP is right for you.
- Your business is outside of your home. Location matters a lot when it comes to the type of insurance your small business needs. If your business is an at-home business, a BOP may not be right for you. This is because there are special types of insurance for home-based business, including additions to your homeowners policy.
- Your business is small- to mid-size. A BOP is designed for businesses with less than 100 employees, that make less than $5 million in sales per year. If your business falls into this category, a BOP may be right for you.
- You have property, equipment and investments to protect. A BOP is a one-stop shop for your insurance needs. If you have several different things to protect, a single BOP policy can protect all of them. Just make sure you do not need to add an extra endorsement to your policy! Talk to your agent about everything you want to be covered.
- You work in a specific field with specific risks. A BOP can be set up for a specific type of business. For example, a body shop has similar risks each day, and you can purchase an Auto BOP that is set up especially for those types of businesses. If, on the other hand, you do odd jobs or construction that changes tasks often, you may need a variety of coverages more versatile than what is available through a BOP.
- You are looking to save a bit of money. We get it. As a small business owner, you are probably pinching pennies everywhere you can. A BOP can help you by combining what would have been several different policies. By having it all combined, you may save money in the long run.
If you recognize all these signs for your own small business, consider investing in a BOP. Call an Infinity agent at 1-800-INFINITY for a quote, or go online to https://infinityauto.com/business-owners-policy.
The materials available in the Knowledge Center are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact legal counsel to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of this website or any of the links contained within the website do not create representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.