What determines how much I pay for car insurance in California?
There a several factors that determine your CA auto insurance rates. Some factors include:
- Your driving record
- Vehicle make/model/year
- Your location
- Number of people in your household (of driving age)
- Full coverage options
This may not be the case for high-risk drivers. It may be worth speaking with a local Infinity insurance expert to find out if you are considered 'high-risk' by California driving laws.
Are there Discounts Available?
Yes, as a California driver, you're entitled to certain discounts. Your local Infinity Auto Insurance expert can help you determine eligibility but below are some of those discounts available to golden state residents.
- Good driver discounts - California drivers can receive up to a 20% discount on their auto insurance for maintaining a clean driving record.
- Multi-car discounts - Save up to 38% when you insure multiple vehicles with Infinity.
- Safe driver discount - Staying accident-free pays off. Save up to 25% on your policy for having a clean driving record.
- Paid in full discount - Prepay your policy in full and save an additional 15%.
- Electronic payment discount - Set-up monthly auto payments and save.
- Switch and Save discount - Tired of your current insurance company? Make the switch to Infinity and save up to 15%.
California is considered an "At-fault" car accident state?
California requires a driver to be found at-fault before car insurance companies have to cover any expenses associated with the accident. Similar to Arizona, California is also a comparative negligence state, which distributes the fault of the accident between both parties accordingly.
For example, if driver A caused $10,000 worth of damage, but was only at fault for 80% of the accident, his insurance is only responsible for covering that portion (80%). The rest of the liability or the remaining 20% falls on driver B's insurance company.
In some cases, the at-fault driver may be uninsured (UM) or underinsured (UIM). If this is the case the injured driver may use his or her policy to cover the gaps in coverage, providing they have a UM or UIM policy.
What About the Perks?
When you choose Infinity as your auto insurance company, we want you to be happy with your insurance policy. One of the ways we make that happen is by offering “extras,” such as Infinity Driver’s Club and 24-hour roadside assistance. There is no membership fee, and you only pay per use! Infinity Driver club members can use the roadside assistance feature even as a passenger in a vehicle.
Our members gain access to an Infinity authorized repair shops and tow facilities, which have been pre-screened for quality and affordability.
And don’t miss our Knowledge Center Blog: It's one of the best places to watch entertaining videos and read about interesting topics.
Get a California Car Insurance Quote
Are you ready to get a quote for your vehicle? Our Infinity representatives are ready to help. Call us now at 1-800-Infinity to get started. In most cases, we can have a quote for you in less than 5 minutes.
Contact one our California Insurance Agents Below for a Quote
This material is for general informational purposes only. All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. In all instances, current policy contract language prevails. Products, services and discounts referenced herein are not available in all states or in all underwriting companies. Coverage is subject to individual policyholders meeting our underwriting qualifications and state availability.